Thursday, January 17, 2013

Review: Escucha Means Listen by Talia Aikens-Nuñez

Escucha Means Listen

From the mowing of the lawn to the splish-splashing of rain puddles, Talia Aikens-Nuñez’s bilingual picture book Escucha Means Listen introduces toddlers and babies to the sweet sounds around them.
Take a journey through the world—just listening. Escucha Means Listen helps children discover sounds around them in English and Spanish.
Excerpt
Buzz. Buzz. Qué oyes? (What do you hear?)
Las abejas (The bees) circling the flowers.
Woosh. Woosh. What do you hear?
El viento (The wind) is whistling by.
Shh. Shh. Qué oyes? (What do you hear?)
Las hojas (The leaves) are dancing on the trees.


5 star book that is not only educational, but beautifully illustrated with an amazingly engaging story!  I love that I can learn along side by children while reading a fun children's book.  I highly recommend this bilingual gem! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...