Monday, January 18, 2016

#MMBBR Showcase: I AM by Michael Drakich



Genius, wealthy and life regenerated, Adam Spenceworth is living the dream aboard his custom spaceship run by Mum, his first designed AI, protected by Gort, his first robot, and occupied by Eve, his sexbot. With each regeneration he returns to start over as a twenty-five year old man ready to enjoy the pleasures of his success. What could go wrong? Except, maybe, planetary wars, territorial space battles, alien invasions, and the disturbing fact that each regeneration is taking exponentially longer than the one before bringing him into one galactic crisis after another. A frolicking space drama filled with references sure to strike home with any science fiction aficionado. 


Michael Drakich

A new and exciting author in speculative fiction, Michael brings a repertoire of science fiction, fantasy and thrillers to readers everywhere. Michael lives in the quaint neighbourhood of Olde Walkerville in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Father to three, the family home is an historic Albert Kahn design built in 1895. When not writing, you can find Michael walking down the majestic trees lined streets. Writing is a passion of his that has led to the books you see featured here. It is his hope you enjoy his works.



Q.  What inspires your writing?

A. With the release of my sixth novel, I AM, the inspiration is different today than it was when I first started writing ten years ago. Back then it was to see if I could do it. Today, it's attempting to write something people will appreciate as one for the ages. It's all about striving for perfection and with that comes the pinnacle of Maslow's heirarchy - self-actualization.

Q.  What is your favorite thing about being a writer?

A. With each novel completed there is a sense of achievement of success and self-worth. On the day I finish writing a novel I've worked months on I definitely attain those feelings.

Q.  What is the toughest part of being a writer?

A. Bad reviews. You can try your hardest to believe they don't hurt, but they do.

Q.  If you could not be writer, what would you do/be?

A. I've already attained what I consider the highest achievement, fatherhood of three wonderful children. Writing and everything else is just gravy.

Q.  What would the story of your life be entitled?

A. My life as a father.

Q.  What is your favorite book of all time?

A. Obviously, all of my own with no favorites. Books are like children. You love them all equally.

Q.  Which character from ANY book are you most like?

A. Salvor Hardin

Q.  What character from all of your books are you most like?

A. Sorry, no favorites allowed among the characters I've created.

Q.  Which book would you love to take a weekend vacation inside of?

A. Too tough to choose. Would I like some far flung sci-fi out into the vast reaches of space or some fantasy setting with dragons and more. Impossible to pick one.

Q.  What is your favorite season?

A. Fall

Q.  What inspired your book cover(s)?  Or what is your favorite book cover and why?

A. I always enjoyed the old covers from the fifties, sixties and seventies and have fashioned mine in a similar mode.

Q.  Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book.

A. Nothing comes to mind.

Q.  Are you working on something new?

A. Always keep writing. I'm working on an epic fantasy entitled, Assassins of Riaz.

Q.  Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by?

A.   Keep reading. There is no other form of entertainment in this world that will grant you the full use of your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...